Empowering students to acquire the heart, knowledge, and skills for thriving in a 21st century global society by collaboratively creating and operating their own school-based “MicroSociety” - a microcosm of the real world.
Relate. Connect. Understand.
Our vision is to create a vibrant learning environment where all stakeholders--students, parents, staff, and board members feel ownership and where each child will become an educated, competent, confident, and caring independent thinker who will be able to reach their full potential and strive to make their community and the world a better place to live, work and play. The MicroSociety Academy Charter School (MACS) will provide the educational foundation each student will need to build skills and unlock their hidden self.
Key factors in delivering the mission:
- Rigorous academic competency-based core curriculum aligned with & assessed by NH Common Core Curriculum
- Excellent instruction that integrates project based differentiated learning, learning centers, teachers as coaches, classroom-based technology, student empowerment, teaming, service learning, mentoring
- Embedded entrepreneurial endeavors and “real life” learning within MicroSociety curriculum, ventures and agencies
- High level of parental (Steering Committee) and community involvement
- Web-based student information system used by staff allowing parents to communicate with school and track progress
- Shared decision-making among professionals within the school.